BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Proud of me!!!! Make that proud of WE!!!!

I set out today with three goals. But told myself only #1 mattered!!!

1. Finish the 5k
2. Don't finish last
3. Aim to beat my treadmill time of 40 minutes
(that was at zero incline, indoors)

I finished!!!!

I wasn't last!!!!!!!

I took 40:39 and considering I didn't trip anyone, and I added tons of elements (including 60 degree weather, wind, stanky fish smelling rivers, hills, and a man that said "THE END" riding my ass), I think thats pretty good time!!!!!!!

SO I'm proud. I'm happy.

I'm even prouder of Deanna, who did what I shoulda done and started out at a better pace, instead of pushing. I did a lot of walk/jog, she did a very slow jog. She finished at 38:19!!! This is only training ONCE!!! Awesome job D. YOU ROCKED IT!!! And she was kind enough to come back and jog the last 20 seconds with me. She said "if you hurry you can beat 41" to which I replied "FUCK 41" LOL, but I did it! We did it!!!!!!!!


Looking back, at my running upload from my Garmin. My average pace was about 5mph. Which makes sense, because I made it to mile marker one in 12 minutes, and thats also my "best timed mile". They say to find out what your 5k speed will be add 45 seconds to your mile and multiply by 3. I didn't quite make that (38:15), but I'm blaming it on running tooooo hard at the start, my heart rate hit over 200 quickly and it was HARD to get it back down. I'm hoping if I learn to stay in my target HR zone instead of going over, I'll be able to keep pace better. So my goal is to average 5mph for now!

Yeah me!
Photobucket

0 comments: