BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Week 6 COMPLETE

This was my first 25 minute run. Last week I completed a 20 minute run, with an average pace of 4.1, and yes I know thats slow, and I probably look like I'm crawling on the treadmill, but speed is not supposed to matter! Its about getting endurance.

Today, I was able to run the majority of the 25 minutes at 4.5. But I did have to drop down to 4.0 for a minute here and there. I did about 15 seconds at 3.5 (my walking pace) but stayed in jog form and made up for it in my last 30 seconds by going at 5.0.

Note to self. DONT eat before long runs. My stomach was not happy with me.

I had a total strength work out tonight as well. Shred must be taking its toll on my muscles though, or I guess the running could be, because my leg exercises were VERY difficult today, and I had to do them 5lbs less then normal. Arms went fine. I skipped Abs because my stomach was angry enough.

That said, I DID IT! And now, I've earned my heart rate monitor, now to decide which one I want!
Photobucket

0 comments: